Positive pregnancy test, 14 weeks pregnant, symptoms of pregnancy, ultra sound of stomach and vagina, no fetus found. Reason?

I currently have a sister that is 22 years of age that just recently went to the doctor to find out if shes pregnant . When the doctor came in after she took the urine test the doctor told my sister that she was pregnant and that she was 14weeks going from the date of her last period. She said the test was positive and she was definately pregnant. That doctor then scheduled her for an ultrasound today and when they did BOTH ultrasounds both vaginal and stomach they told her that they couldn t find anything. She has ALL the symptoms of a pregnancy, so what could be the reason as to why they couldn t find anything?
Asked On : Sun, 20 May 2012