Positive for type 1, equivocal for herpes 2IIg Ab I, partner diagnosed with herpes simplex 2 via culture. What perils can I expect?

My husband was diagnosed with Herpes Simplex 2 via culture, which prompted me to do a complete std screen. The only results I don t understand are the Herpes results. I tested positive for Type 1, which I knew I would because I have cold sores occasionally. For Herpes 2 llg Ab I tested equivocal and Herpes igm scrn was negative. I have only been with my husband (14 years) and he only had one other partner in the past before he was with me. Is it possible that he had this and is just now having an outbreak? I know symptoms are usually within a week or two of exposure. What does this mean for me?
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012