Positional vertigo, dizziness, shivering hands, prescribed Diligan. Cause?

My mother is 85yrs old, since 3 months she is suffering from positional vertigo only when she rests her head on the pillow to sleep she feels dizzy and then when she tries to sit up that time her dizziness increases, she is under medication of certain 16 mg for 2 months and also under vitamin injections , she is much better now plus after a few tests, she was diagnosed with thyroid and has started taking eltroxin 100 mg for the past 3 weeks. Today she has suddenly felt the same dizziness quite severe and her hands have also been shivering . She has been advised diligan tablet along with stugeron forte and has been given an injection of adoforan with stemetil. I would appreciate if you could tell me the cause for this.
Asked On : Fri, 3 Aug 2012