Popping veins, swollen calves, ultrasound done normal, advised to get MRI of the calf. Suggestion?

Hello, i would like to ask what could be a reason of veins suddenly popping out within 2 hours, calves swollen, muscles looked blackened( i had a regular walk, came home and couldn't believe my eyes, , the veins were like snakes crawling on my shin) I went to a doctor the next day, they did an ulltrasound, everything is fine according to them, i was advised to get an MRI of the calf, since it's more swollen than the other one. Its been a week and the discomfort doesn't seem to go away, then veins on my hands now also feel like a wild river. what can that be, what could cause that and how do i stop it? Thank you
Asked On : Tue, 8 Oct 2013