Popping vein in finger, sudden stinging feeling, finger turning purple. Should I be worried?

Hi. last night the vein on the inside of my middle finger popped for no reason... i havent bashed it or squashed it at all..... i had a sudden stinging feeling and with in seconds my finger turned purple. It isnt painful but i am aware of it... every now and then i get a slight throbbing/ tingling sensation on the tip of my finger.. Is this something i should be worried about? how long should it take to heal?
Asked On : Sun, 25 Nov 2012
Hematologist 's  Response
One thing to clear is that, is there any consistent color change pattern you notice in the fingers.. is there any precipitants like touching cold water etc... are there any rashes anywhere else.. is there is a joint pain.. did you have a birth mark in the same region.. please answer these questions