Popping sound while doing splits, painful. What could be the reason?

I did my splits one day about a month ago but when i did i heard a popping noise and it really hurt to sit, stand, walk, and stretch and under my butt and inner thigh was really in pain...but its been a month and i can run and do my jumps but it still hurts to do my split and sometimes even my cartwheel. Can you please tell me if i tore something or if i will be able to do my splits again or even jump over the hurdles before Cheerleading And Track starts again.?
Asked On : Wed, 1 Aug 2012

I have read your query.

You should try to avoid these type of games for at-least 1 month as it seems soft tissue injury has been occurred in your case. Take rest from these games, but you can do morning walk.

Take 1 tab. aceclofenac+thiocolchicoside three times a day and apply hot packs for 30 min in morning and evening.

You can start again your games after 1 month.

I hope it helps.

You are welcome to ask further health related queries.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: