Popping sound on kicking the ball causing difficulty in walking, feeling of obstruction in leg. How can I heal this?

hello 2 weeks ago i was playing soccer. And when i took a shot on goal i heard a pop noise and i fell to the ground. I coulden t walk for a day ,but the next day my leg diden t feel bad at all i ran 2 miles no problem. So i went to the park and practiced ,but when I took one shot , the feeling came back. It felt like a person stuck a neddle in me. What do you think happend and how do i heal it, i don t like the thought of resting for a very long time, without practicing. So the faster i can heal the better.i hope you can help me out.
Asked On : Fri, 6 Jul 2012
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
Hi the sound you felt might be a normal crepitus i.e, sound when the bones moves or touch each other or a ligament sprain. You can try out Ice and see the result. If the pain does not subside then go and see an orthopedic or Physio.