Popping sound in ribs while exercising, contracting stomach, pressing on the left side. Causes?

I ve had this popping/ clicking noise in my ribs when i m exercising like doing crunches it doesn t hurt one bit, it s just annoying because when i m exercising i hear it pop and click constantly,even just contracting my stomach in and out there is a clear popping noise and i can feel it. Does any one have any idea why this is happening? thanks! :) even when I just press my stomach in left side, I feel it make a click or popping sound touching rib.. some thing like I am pressing a switch.. do anyone else feel it??
Asked On : Fri, 9 Nov 2012
Rheumatologist 's  Response
Hi !

Thank you for your query.

I think you need to get an xray chest done to see if there is any hairline fracture that is causing it .

I advise , you should see a orthopaedician for this problem and get yourself evaluated.

Hope you are satisfied with the answer.

If you have any further queries feel free to ask.

Wish you good health.