Popping sound from hip, pain on stretching, walking, joint protrusion. Treatment?

I went into the splits during dance and was very close to the ground and then in my hip something popped very loud. At first it didn t hurt much, my joints pop a lot because I dance so I didn t think much of it. But now it hurts to even touch my toes or do any kind of stretch . The pain is in the back of my butt in that joint. Sometimes when I get up from sitting it hurts to walk. I m not sure but the joint feels like it is protruding out more than my right hip... What happened and how can I fix it?
Asked On : Thu, 22 Nov 2012