Popping pain in knee, unable to walk on left leg, had a fracture long back. Could the avulsion fracture be causing this ?

I fractured my knee when i was 12. I was jumping over a picnic table when my leg got caught between the tabletop and the seat. Im 23 now and recently made a goal to get in the best shape of my life. The first week i ran a mile and at some point my knee popped out (something it hurt) and i could hardly make it home. I took it easy and it seemed to heal and get strong in about a week. I then started to run again and went strong for 4 months until last week i ran 3 miles and had no pain or anything in fact i felt good but the next morning i could hardly walk on my left leg, the pain centering around the knee. Not much swelling at all but after 5 days im still having pain. Could the avulsion fracture i had be causing these issues? or is it more likely im just over working myself Read more: General Q and A Forum - avulsion fracture knee WWW.WWWW.WW Follow us: @ehealthforums on Twitter
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013