Popping noise from scrotum and rectum, painful, hurts to urinate, blood in urine, treated as STD. Treatment?

So my boyfriend was telling me a story from when he was 16. It was not during the time when in used steroids which he only used for not really even that long. It was after football practice. He was in the shower and bent over to pick up his washcloth. He said he heard a popping noise come from between his scrotum and rectum . He said he was in pain but doesn t know what it could be. The dr.s treated it like an STD by giving him 2 pills . This did not work. He has been having this problem for years and it hurts for him to urinate. He now has slight blood in his urine. Is there anything you might think it could be? I will be asking other dr.s for him because he s too embarrassed to ask and he frankly doesn t have the money or insurance but I do. Please give me any kind of ideas you have. Thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 6 Apr 2012