Popping in knees, weakness and tightness along with pain. Any suggestions ?

Hello, I ve played basketball most of my life and there have been a couple times where my knee feels like it s popped of place. It s happened to both and since then I have weakness and tightness along with pain with any high impact work outs. Occasionally I feel it almost buckling even if just walking. Other than seeing a doctor which I haven t done yet. Do you have any suggestions?
Asked On : Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014

When experiencing popping sounds or tightness in the knee joints while running, stop and seek medical attention if the feelings and noises continue. A doctor will be able to properly diagnose the cause for knee popping and tightness. Once diagnosed, a doctor can prescribe relevant treatments to alleviate these symptoms and repair any possible injuries.

I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.