Popping in knee, cannot put weight. What should I do?

Hi! I am a sports girl born 94. 4,5years ago i was at running training goal was to run 800m,outdoors but at 700m i was struck bye a poping noise from my knee could not put any weight on my right knee i was taken to the Er because of the pain i was told i hade pulled my acl ,mcl, maybe pcl, but now it s 4,5years ago i can still not gett back to training what should i do? I really want to gett back to sporting, i have been to the doctor but they tell me to rest but after 4,5years i am tierd to be told to rest when i know i will not gett well.
Asked On : Wed, 23 May 2012
there are a number of diagnosis that can cause popping in the knee. the commonest is a meniscal tear. this also causes swelling in the knee and sometimes a feeling of giving way. your dr can do physical tests on your knee to make the diagnosis but this often is confirmed on an MRI scan. if you do have a meniscal tear then this can be removed or repaired arthroscopically (through a camera).