Popping in hip, painful, hurts to walk, dead leg from hip to knee during sleep. Solution?

hi my hip has been popping a few years now with out pain but in the last few months it has been popping causeing an unconfortable pain in my hip and also hurts when i walk on it the pain has often gone to my knee and in my bum as if someone has kicked me the pain in my hip seems to be getting worse over the last few days causeing me to wake up at night due to having a dead leg from the hip to knee any idea what this is?
Asked On : Tue, 4 Dec 2012