Popping in ears on swallowing, feeling of obstruction in throat and nose, inner ear pain. Cause?

Hello, for the last 5 or so years ive heard a slight popping sound in my ears every time i swallow . I recently felt like i got a small chip lodged in the back of my throat , or stuck in my nose somewhere... Now my left inner ear really hurts, and when i swallow so does the left side of my throat. My throat hurts more when i swallow, but the ear pain is getting worse and i can feel the left part of my throat swelling . It didnt start hurting until after the day after I flew to Mexico and went swimming in the ocean. Right now I m in Mexico and I m afraid to go home on the airplane with messed up ears. I dont think its swimmers ear or airplane pressure because its so deep in my ear and my throat. Also i don t think the airplane did it, because they popped just fine upon descent. I really think i got some food stuck in my ear/nose/throat and its causing an infection. HELP! I am going to the doctor tomorrow, but I don t know how well I can communicate my problem in a language I don t speak! It sucks getting sick on vacation! Thanks soo much! -Cole
Asked On : Sat, 5 Jan 2013