Popping in calf muscle with charlie horse feeling. Why is it sore? Worry?

I was playing Basketball this past winter and all of a sudden I had a popping feeling in my calf muscle followed by the feeling of a Charlie Horse. I was able to walk on it okay with minimal pain but running was pretty sore. It did get better. Now this past week, while playing Softball it did it again, small little popping sensations followed by the feeling of a charlie horse. Is this something to be concered about or just something that needs rest?
Asked On : Sat, 30 Jun 2012