Popped a pimple in the crease of the nose. Can this lead to spinal problems or deadly diseases?

I read an article that said it is dangerous to pop a pimple in the crease of your nose . I can t remember why, but it was something to do with the veins and it can lead to a spinal problem or illness that is deadly. It was an article in a magazine under the topic of Ten things you didn t know could kill you or something like that. Well my daughter has popped a pimple in the crease of her nose today and it is scaring me to death! can you tell me if there is any truth to this? And should I be worried? Should I take her to the doctor?
Asked On : Thu, 19 Jul 2012