Pop sound on hand during fall 4 days ago, swelling and tenderness, advil and ibuprofen.

Hi my husband fell on his hand a few days ago while playing ultimate frisbee. he felt a pop right away. That night it swelled up, and has been very swollen and tender since, and bruises showed up late the next dayr. he is a floor sander and he has been taking advil and ibuprofen and working with it still. it has been 4 days now. we do not have insurance and cannot afford to get it checked out if it will just go away. any advice would be soo appreciated!
Asked On : Wed, 2 May 2012