Pop in the center of chest, pulsating radiations to arms, legs. Tingling sensation in the finger. What could it be?

Hello, I had a weird experience last night that I am concerned about. I was sleeping on my stomach and was startled out of sleep by what could best be described as a single pop or explosion in the center of my chest . Immediately I then felt a warm radiating and/or pulsating sensation from that center spot into my torso and arms and legs. I was still half asleep but it startled me enough that I jumped out of bed and started yelling what is happening, what is happening . (somewhat comical now that I think about it, but not so much at the time). After a few minutes, everything returned to normal and I fell back to sleep. Upon waking this morning, I was fine other than for a tingling sensation in my left 3rd finger and only in the left 3rd finger. This sensation remained for less than an hour. Any ideas? I m a 42yo male. Medium to heavy smoker but also physically active. I m an avid bicyclist and routinely ride 10 - 20 miles per outing although due to the weather, it has been a month or two since I have ridden. Did have high blood pressure in the past but due to exercise and diet , have lost weight and gotten the blood pressure under control. Thanks for any help you may have.
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013