Poor mental health, drank poison for killing insects, difficulty breathing. Prognosis?

Hello, my father in law is mentally crazy and had been to a hospital many times. My problem is that he drank some sort of poison which i am guessing is some sort of medicine used to spray on vegetables in order to kill insects and it seems that he is unable to breathe and he has a little chance of survival , what advice do you give me or what treatment/ medicine would be useful according to my problem
Asked On : Sun, 28 Oct 2012
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

I'm sorry to hear about your father-in-law's condition. Your father-in-law needs urgent medical attention for further evaluation and treatment of his medical condition. Once he becomes medically stable, then his mental health issues can be managed. So, please take him to a hospital immediately.

Wish you all the best.