Poor mental health, disturbed, no proper response to treatment, two years to completely cure mental disease. Ways to improve mental health faster?

sir I have a Sister. She was disturb till 1 year back. We went to Several doctor but responses were not good. Atlat we went to pshychiatrist, Now she is looking ok .Doctor is Saying it will take more than two years to be treated well and also saying that disease is cured but treatment is required for the disease no to come. please advice. We want it to be ok within 6 to 9 months
Asked On : Mon, 11 Jun 2012
Hello Narayan
Thank you for getting in touch with us. From what I make out, your sister was diagnosed with a psychiatric disorder sometime back. It would have been better if you had mentioned the diagnosis as we would have been able to provide more information. Then also, we would like to inform you that for many psychiatric disorders, treatment carries on for a long time. The medicines available in the market these days are really effective but they have to be taken on a regular basis. Missing your doses in few psychiatric disorders can lead to complications. For most psychiatric patients, family support also is very crucial as these patients are not stable and need someone around them all the time. Please get back to us with the diagnosis and we will provide further details. Hope this helped.
Dr. Gagandeep Dhillon