Polyps in colon. No emotions with wife. Got drunk. Had sex with other lady. Suggestions?

My husband of 14 yrs and living together for about another ten has all the symptoms of thisdosease. We havebeen in constant struggling for at leat 3yrs and no sex for 2. He has just now admitted to me as of last week he has a lady friend and had drunk sex and I am just falling apart and heis feeling so guilty you will never know crying and al the rest. He mess and it all started after he had polops in his colon . and downhill frm there, No emotion to me and just became a workaholic but that is normal for him. He never was a cheat or a lier and now a adulter. So I am in the crying days now. Trying to be supportive but he has moved in her apt but sleeps on couch.HA.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand that you are going through marital problems. It is a tough place to be in with your condition and have someone cheat on you who you have known for so many years. It is hard to build trust once you have lost it and it would involve you taking the time to take care of yourself as well as your family and children (if you have kids). I recommend that you see a family therapist or a couple's therapist to make the best use of the situation and have you be referred to a psychiatrist (since your husband seems to have alcohol abuse or dependence issues) if there is a need for medications. I hope this helped.

Take care and have a lovely day !