Polycystic ovary syndrome, acne, on birth control. Should go for accutane?

Hi im 15 and i was diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome in Febuary. My doctor told me that pcos was the cause of my acne and that when i treated my pcos, my acne would go away. However, ive already been taking birth control for 4 months and my acne hasn t improved! In Febuary my dermatologist said that if the birth control didn t help with the acne I should go back to her for accutane however, my mom refuses to take me back because she thinks i should wait longer to see if the birth control will work on my skin. But i am so frustrated and I cant stand having acne anymore so how long do you think I should wait before going back to the dermatologist to be sure that the contraceptive won t help my skin? Thank you
Asked On : Mon, 21 May 2012