Polycystic ovarian syndrome, gained weight, elevated testosterone level, excess facial hair

I have polycycstic ovarian syndrome and have gained some excess weight. I had blood work done and everything seemed normal except my testosterone level was very slightly elevated. Because of that, i have excessove facial hair that i wax and tweeze regularly. The hair on my head is also thinning. My doctor prescribed spironolactone to help block the testosterone. My question is, if I successfully lose all the excess weight, will my hormone levels go back to normal? Or will I have to take the medication for the rest of my life?
Asked On : Sun, 28 Oct 2012