Poly cystic ovaries, pain, report says fluid in ovary along with a mild infection

Hello. I have the history of poly cystic ovaries and curing it by twice dose of Glucophage850, but for a few days I am feeling pain in my ovaries and ultrasound report shows the fluid in ovary along with a mild infection. Can you please help me in the light of your great expertise that what are the causes of this infection and what may be the consequences and how to cure this. Thanks Regards
Asked On : Thu, 19 Apr 2012
Infection may be due to pelvic inflammatory disease, it is a infection of a pelvic organ ascend to ovary also. It can be treated with antibiotics.
Fluid in ovary may be due to ovulation and less commonly due to tumour also.
You should consult a gynaecologist and get your proper examination done to rule out the cause of infection and treat it accordingly.
Good luck.
Dr. Richa