Polio in right leg, non surgical treatment not useful. Had hairline fracture. Surgery helpful?

Hello doctor good morning
I am having polio in my right leg with a contracture and I use my right hand as a support on my right leg while walking. I have done lots of treatment in the past that are nonsurgical but they are of no use. Recently I got a fracture in my right leg due to falling. It was a hairline fracture. Is surgery is a good option for me? I am very much against surgery as I am worried my condition might get worse. I am nicely walking now so feel after surgery I wont be able to walk that much. If surgery is a good option then please can you explain what is the surgery all about and what are the advantages and disadvantages of surgery and how is the guarantee of surgery? Regards
Asked On : Sat, 12 Oct 2013