Polio attacked on leg. Planning surgery. Recovery period, cost, best doctors & hospitals, insurance coverage?

Dear Docter,

Polio attcked my fiancee in her childhood, due to which one of her leg is smaller and little shorter than the other and she can not walk properly. She is loosing her self confidence. We are considering to go for a surgery to improve her mobility. She is 27 years old.

Here are my questions.
1. How long will it take for the surgery and how long is the post surgery recovery period? What would be the approximate cost? I know it depends on the complexity of the surgery and other factors, but I am looking for approximation.
2. Can you please give me the list of best hospitals/Doctors in India, who are experts in such complex surgeries?
3. Does insurance cover the cost of surgery?

Appreciate the detailed information.
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013