Poked ear with cotton bud,deep in ear,bleeding.

Hi. I just poked my ears with a cotton bud. I didn t know that the cotton loosened when I was trying to get my wax off my ear. Deep in my ear. Then when I checked it carefully with another cotton bud, it s bleeding . Is this really serious? I did some research and I found out that it will be fine. Tomorrow s a holiday in our country and I m worried if I can t get my ear checked tomorrow by a doctor(for consultation). Please help. Thank you very much!
Asked On : Wed, 11 Apr 2012

It seems that you have suffered a minor injury in your ear while removing the wax.
Such minor injuries are usually self limiting and improve on their own in 4-5 days.
Please do not worry.
You can put a topical antibiotic drop in the ear to avoid any infection in the area. Avoid inserting anything into the canal for a self examination.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal