Poison ivy reoccurring after turning into blisters and then hives. Taking medications. Possible solution?

Hi - I came into poison ivy about 2 weeks ago. It was on my ankles and neck - turned to blisters. I went to my family doctor who gave me a prescription for prednisone . I took 30 mg for first 3 days, then 20 mgs for next t3 days. At that time, the poison ivy started to clear nicely, but I became covered in hives . My doctor took me off prednisone and started me on benadryl for hives. I have been taking benedryl today, and the hives are coming and going and not as swollen as they were yesterday - but still there. However, the poison ivy seems to be coming back. Not sure what to do now - Wait it out? It is now after 5:00pm on Friday - so we are at the weekend. Should I go to the ER or just try and ope?
Asked On : Tue, 28 Aug 2012