Poison ivy rashes, red oval shape, no blisters, itchy. Taking prednisone. Can it be an infection or lymes disease?

I began breaking out wish poison ivy rashes last week. One of the rashes on my right shin is a large, red oval shape with no blisters or bumps and doesn t really itch as bad as the other rashes. There was what I thought a blister on it four days ago, which I did pick at and pulled a little brown speck off my skin. I was worried that this rash could be an infection or lymes disease but the doctor I saw today said it didn t look like either of those and upped my prednisone dosage. Is it ok to wait a few days to see if the rash decreases or should I get a second opinion?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Jun 2012