Poison ivy, itchy and enlarged scrotum, swollen eye and cheeks, rashes on hip, leg, taking benadryl and motrin

I believe that my husband has been in contact with poison ivy. He had itching of the scrotum for a few days. Now his scrotum has enlarged to the size of a grapefruit. He says that they burn , feels hot and is excreting oil. It has now caused some sort of allergic reaction to the areas around his eyes. There is swelling around his eyes and cheeks. He is also getting a rash on his hip, legs and parts of his arms. I am giving him Benadryl , Motrin and over the counter creams for poison ivy. Nothing is helping. I am starting to get really worried because he doesn t want to go to the hospital. Could this cause more harm to him? Also is it contagius to me and my famille?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Jun 2012