Pockets inside the bottom lip after using smokeless tobacco, difficult to speak after saliva build up. Advice?

I have used smokeless tobacco for several years off and on and have formed pockets along the inside of my bottom lip. Since I ve realized this I ve quit! Is there any way to reverse the pockets or at least the size? Saliva tends to build-up in these pockets and I have to consciously control the flow as I speak to people. I ve also noticed a slight issue with pronouncing words with R s, F s, W s and the like.
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012
Dentist 's  Response

Thanks for asking the query,

According to your clinical symptoms i suppose that you have developed localised periodontitis in your lower front teeth region.
Its is very nice to hear that you have quit with the habit.
Go for complete mouth scaling and polishing and curettage.
Take lukewarm saline and antiseptic mouthwash rinses.
Maintain a good oral hygiene brush twice daily with a soft bristle toothbrush.
Take a course of multivitamin suplements.

Hope you fins this as helpful,