Pneumonia, HIV positive, taken Atripla, had swab test for HIV, want to do blood test

My husband was given a swab test for HIV when he had pneumonia last year. The test was positive, there was no follow up blood test . He was immediately put on Atripla . While on Atripla, he has been undetectable. Without a following blood test, what are the odds of a false positive? How can it be determined that he really is HIV positive. I don t want him to stop the meds in fear that if he is positive it will make them inaffective.
Asked On : Tue, 24 Apr 2012