Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Please tell me about my ultrasound and urinalysis

Hello Sir, I have a question about my urinalysis: My ultrasound result last september 18 ,2010 are the following : My urinary bladder is thickened, no abnormal intraluminal echoes seen ! Normal kidneys and prostate gland . Last August 2010 my urinalysis result in microscopic is pus cell 2-4/hpf, RBC IS 10-15 /HPF, BACTERIA +2,AMORPHOUS URATES +1, SQUAMOUS CELL 0-2/HPF in short i have a UTI, after taking cifrofloxacin 1 gram/tab, i take again urinalysis last sept 2010 , and my RBC is reduced to 3-5/hpf, pus cell 0-1/hpf,squamous cell 0-1,mucus thread +3. after that i went to different doctor and prescribe me BACTRIM 400 for one week and the urinalysis result last october 2010 is rbc 0-1/hpf,pus cell , 0-1/hpf,squamous cell 0-1/hpf, urates +2 , the rbc or hematuria is almost zero . But when Christmas time arrive i feel little pain in my urinary bladder again so i take Bactrim 400 for almost 1 week and after that i take urinalysis last Jan 3 2011 and the reading is RBC 7-15/hpf, pus cell 0-3/hpf,squamous cell 1-5/hpf, bacteria +1,urates +1, mucus threads +1, in short even after taking bactrim 400 for 1 week i have still a hematuria , so i decided to continue take the BACTRIM 400 for another 1 week but i stop because i feel stomach pain and feel weak, little disturbance on my heart and up to now i still feel little pain on my urinary bladder, and i will take some urinalysis and check up tomorrow again. My question now sir is that my RBC/UTI is seems little bit persistent and my i feel little pain on my urinary bladder ? So the problem why my RBC is little bit persistent if my UTI if already ruled out last october 2010 it return back again before christmas and up to january , so sir whats your diagnosis and possible solutions to completely get rid on this problem. Thank you very much for your advice on this matter.
Asked On : Wed, 19 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  391
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
as per your saying,most probably you are suffering from recurrent have not mentioned your age.if you are less than 50,then there may be something wrong and you should carry out certain investigations like ivp,cystoscopy or ct to rule out certain things.take plenty of water and remain hydrated.avoid coffee,alcohol and smoking.and maintain good have not mentioned the report of urinary culture and may be possible that organism causing this may not susceptible to the medicine you are taking.also you should carry out blood sugar test and if sexually active,rule out any infection in your would be better to consult urologist and get rid off the problem.
Answered: Thu, 20 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor