Play a variety of musical instruments, have sharp pain in the palm, thumb and fingers except pinky. Cause?

Hi! I am 15 years old, and I ve played piano/drums/guitar/organ/ECT, since i was 7, but over the last 1 to 2 years i have been experiencing a very sharp pain in the palm of my hand and my thumb and the three following fingers... Not so much in my pinky finger... Some one told me that it sounded like Tendonitis , but I am not sure. I love piano, it is my ultimate passion. But I am also using my cell phone a lot and the computer... I m am usuing my hands and fingers almost all day, everyday. I am very concerned because I do not want to permantly be disabled from playing the piano and other instruments. Mainly Piano. I d like to know what it is... Thanks. Leah
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
From description it seems to be muscle strain. Do not worry, give some rest to hand. Doing hot fomatation and applying muscle relaxant gel will be helpful. Do some stretch exersices before playing piano and other instruments.
Hope this will helps you.
Dr Saurabh gupta.