Plate installed in radius after breakage. Tingling and numbness in palm, pain in the hand. Need to go to the doctor?

Dec 2011 I had a plate installed in my radius bone due to break. Its been over a year with no major pain or discomfort until this weekend. About 30 minutes after a hike with minor scrambling I had a tingling sensation and numbness in my palm from the lower thumb to the top of the wrist which went away about 1 hour later. Then 24 hrs later I had firey pain in my hand which radiated up into my elbow - similar to symptoms of CTS. The area of the plate was sensitive to the touch very much like a bruise and it hurt to move my thumb and rotate my wrist. I took an anti inflammatory and slept with my brace on. This morning I have no pain but my palm and area of the plate feels slightly bruised. What happened? Should I seek medical attention as I am most concerned with internal bleeding and blood clots? During the hike I did not hit the wrist that I remember but there is a small bruise on the side of my wrist about 1in from the scar. THanks
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013