Plastic wrapper accidently went inside throat. Hurts while eating, drinking. What to do?

i was trying unwrap a new cd i had gotten and i couldnt get it so i used my teeth and it slipped real fast down my throat and u know how sticky plastic gets wen wet ive been eating and drinking and expecting it to be gone but it still hurts im thinking its a scratch but it feels like that scratchy pointy plastic what do i do? a tiny peice came out but not like real big idk
Asked On : Tue, 1 Jan 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Aug 2013
hello and welcome to HCM,

Without any doubt if you feel that there is something stuck in your throat and you are feeling that pricking sensation then you must definitely consult an ENT and may be even ask for an upper GI endoscopy.

In the meanwhile you may also start anti reflux medications in consultation with your doctor for proper symptom control.

Take only warm fluids

Dr Sriram Nathan