Plaster cast got wet, painful. Can I wait till morning?

Hi my daughters plaster cast on her leg has just got rearly wet whilst in shower the plastic protector bag leaked. It s now causing her a lot of pain should I take her to a & e or can I wait till the morning as I am a single mum of 4 and have no one to watch other three children who are in bed asleep while I take her up to hospital
Asked On : Sun, 18 Nov 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014

You can wait till morning if the cast is not badly broken due to wetting and is stable.

Till morning give her coplete rest and not allowed her to put weight on that side. She can take analgesic drug as advised by her doctor for pain.

Wishing you good health
Dr Saurabh Gupta