Planning to marry a girl diagnosed with Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy. Details, implications?

Hello I do have a general query on Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy (JME). My parents are arranging a marriage with a 23 year girl She did recently tell me she has JME. I do like this girl so much and looking forward to marriage. But before that, I would like to know a bit more about JME. I researched a bit on JME and found that its different from people to people and always treated on a case by case basis. So I would like to understand a bit more on the seriousness of this JME and my responsibilities towards this girl, which is why I need your help and advise. First I will explain a bit about this girl and her JME. She had her first seizure in 10th grade (5 years back) and had a second one (not sure exactly when). She is taking medication called LAMETEC, Lamotrigine (100mg in the morning and and 125mg in the night) from her first seizure. How strong are these medications ? I mean she is taking almost 225gms every day for 5 years now after her first seizure and has to continue for the rest of her life. Is there any side effects for these medications ? She did say that her epilepsy is not a serious one (she passes out for some time with no jumping or shivering or shaking) and she also said that these medications (LAMETEC, Lamotrigine) are not strong ones and usually given to less serious epilepsy patients. Could you please advise me on the seriousness of her condition based on information I have given you? What about her medicines ? Is that a strong dose ? Ay side effects ? If you require any more information, feel free to ask me. Hope to hear back from you soon.
Asked On : Thu, 22 Nov 2012