Planning to get an epidural steriod injection for herniated disc. Will the radiation cause any damage to future pregnancy?

I am planning to get an epidural steriod injection ( X-ray guided) for my herniated disc location L5-S1. I am NOT currently pregnant, but my husband and I would like to try to get pregnant after getting the ESI treatment. Should I be concerned about the amount of radiation that I will be getting from the Xray that they will use during the procedure? WIll it damage oocytes, such that if we conceive successfully later on, the fetus can have genetic abnormalities? Or can the radiation affect fertility? Thank you. I am planning to get an epidural steriod injection (X-ray guided) for my herniated disc location L5-S1. I am NOT currently pregnant, but my husband and I would like to try to get pregnant after getting the ESI treatment. Should I be concerned about the amount of radiation that I will be getting from the Xray that they will use during the procedure? WIll it damage oocytes, such that if we conceive successfully later on, the fetus can have genetic abnormalities? Or can the radiation affect fertility? Thank you. I am planning to get an epidural steriod injection (X-ray guided) for my herniated disc location L5-S1. I am NOT currently pregnant, but my husband and I would like to try to get pregnant after getting the ESI treatment. Should I be concerned about the amount of radiation that I will be getting from the Xray that they will use during the procedure? WIll it damage oocytes, such that if we conceive successfully later on, the fetus can have genetic abnormalities? Or can the radiation affect fertility? Thank you. I am planning to get an epidural steriod injection (X-ray guided) for my herniated disc location L5-S1. I am NOT currently pregnant, but my husband and I would like to try to get pregnant after getting the ESI treatment. Should I be concerned about the amount of radiation that I will be getting from the Xray that they will use during the procedure? WIll it damage oocytes, such that if we conceive successfully later on, the fetus can have genetic abnormalities? Or can the radiation affect fertility? Thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013