Planning for tubectomy with elective cesarean, confused about the myths associated. What are the pros and cons of the procedure?

Hello I m 28 yrs old with good health so far.. I have plans of undergoing tubectomy ( tubal ligation ) along with my elective ceserian for my second baby in a month.. There r lot of myths about tubectomy like excess weight gain , hormonal imbalances,severe cramping pain during periods. Kindly advise the pros n cons of tubectomy and an apt solution for all the myths above.
Asked On : Tue, 2 Oct 2012