Planning for baby. Vaginal infection, bacterial infection, thick and yellow discharge. On antibiotics. Cause?

Hi Doctor,
i recently had a vaginal infection and had twice before in 3 1/2 years after my marriage..and was diagnosed as bacterial infection..Then took an antibiotic dose and felt better. But in a gap of 1 - 2 week , the infection occurred again.but this time,the discharge was thick and yellow...
Primarily it was diagnosed as yeast infection.but now the doctor says its ENTEROBACTER AEROGENES ..

Can i know the root cause.? can it recur? Is it contagious?Does this cause any serious problems?
What are the side effects of the treatment and will it affect someone who is planning a baby?
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013