Planning for a baby. On follicular study. Follicle ruptured. Chances?

hi am 32 yrs old. we are planning for the last one year. all my tests are positive and my doctor told me that i am healthy. under doctor s surveillance i did follicular test. one follicle ruptured on the 14th day but doctor said the size of the follicle was very small (8 mm) so the chances of getting pregnant are very slim. we had sex the very same day. my husband is going abroad this week for five months. and keeping my age under consideration i am very tensed.
Asked On : Tue, 4 Sep 2012
The size of the follicle at the time of rupture is important. Usually, it is 18 mm., but 16 mm. is the lowest limit and 30 mm. is the maximum limit. The endometrial thickness is also related. In your case, the size of the follicle is not in favor of any chances of conception. The follicular size can be enhanced by giving hCG injections before rupture. You will be needing some more cycles. Your age is not very late for conception, so do not worry. You can wait till your husband is back without any worry. Good luck.