Planning for a baby. Irregular period, brown discharge. Taken meftal spas. Help?

Hi doc, we are married for 2 years now and now planning a baby. my periods were due around the 4th of march and did not happen till date jan. but i had been facing been in the lower belly for many times in these days. In fact i checked for the pregnancy test but it was negative. but yesterday evening the periods started which was much lesser than regular. i took meftal spas for relieving myself from pain. it was later followed by a strange material outflow for once. this was a mix of thick brown blood and some white substance...kind of the layering substance which i couldn t understand. kindly suggest.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013