Planning for Hysterectomy, fibroids present, no bladder problems. Very nervous, how to feel better?

Hello Dr, I am thinking about having a Hysterectomy I am 60 years old post menopausal with 18cm fibriod with no bladder problems just a little discomfort in pelvic area, didn;t know it was there until a recent scan, very, very nervous about op Consultant seemd to focus too much on what could go wrong rather than any beefits of the op, What wre your thoughts please can you make me feel any better, shaking as I write this message. Thank you for your time Loll
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013