Pityriasis rosea. Herald patches. Mild myeloproliferative. Taking anagrelide. Why is it recurring?

I am a retired 78 year old pediatrician- retired since 1996. In the last 5 to 8 years I have had typical recurring cases of Pityriasis rosea for at least 6 or 7 times. The herald patches have typically appeared on my thighs, although at present it is on the medial aspect of the right tibia. patch has been there at least 6 or 8 weeks. I have typical linear paralleling elvated pale lesions on the trunk and most pruritis is over the cold surface of upper arms and on the legs. I have always felt that the disease is viral and I cannot understand why I have recurrences, unless it is one of the Herpes group which is prone to recur. I have a mild myeloproliferative disorder with thrombocytosis. platelet counts were up to 1.5 million until treatment started with anagrelide. The pityriasis began before that problem. Dermatologists here cannot confirm this, but I am positive of my diagnoses. Thanks. W.G. Beauregard, M.D. West Monroe , LA 0000
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013