Pitting edema in lower legs, frequent urination, itching legs, have diabetes and TB. Help

Hi, I m from the Philippines and I would like to ask your help with the condition of my grandfather who is 85 years old now. Last August, he was diagnosed to have diabetes and TB. Last month, we got him to a doctor because he had +2 pitting edema on both his lower legs. So doctor prescribed him with Spironolactone (Aldazide) 1 tab a day. But it seems his urination has not changed. He usually voids 5-10 times a day. And he still got the edema. And just last two weeks ago, he started scratching his legs to the point were it bled. I m worried at this recent events. I am no expert or anything but when I looked it up on the internet it led me to renal failure . Please enlighten me on this situation. Thank you.
Asked On : Thu, 8 Nov 2012