Pitting edema from ankles to mid calf, reddish purple discolouration. Taking furosemide. Side effects of lasix and medication?

Thank you for your offer to help me. I am taking 40 mg furosemide daily and I was looking at the side efects of Lasix . I am wondering if I should call my physician becasue I am experiencing pitting edema from ankles to mid calf. I did have laser surgery in my legs for leaky valves abbout a month ago. I calves are a reddish purple color and shiny with the pitting edema. I am also very tired and somewhat feel lightheaded.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013