Pins placed in left hip. Any option other than pins which allows more flexibility?

I have had pins in my left hip three to be exact for the last two years.Is there anything else besides the pins that could stabilize and allow for more flexibility.I'd Like to be able to completely squat down and tie my shoe laces, or freely be able to take part in activities without consideration of my hip and that side of my body. I feel the area around the hip where the pins were placed and my muscles redeveloped with me having some favor to that side. I have been told to accept and ajust to this change I would like to maybe believe other wise Well Thanks Folks
Asked On : Wed, 9 Oct 2013
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Jul 2013
Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.

The type of implants (screws or plates) that are to be used for fixation of a fracture will be dictated by the fracture pattern and not on the priority of the individual. So, in any fracture fixation, the best possible implants that provides both stability and strength for that area will be used.

Just forget about thinking about the stability and go ahead with your daily routine.

Hope this information is helpful. Good day