Pins and needles sensation in left arm at night, heaviness in arm. Family history of heart problems. Serious condition?

I am 45 year old female and for the past 2-3 weeks I have experienced painful pins and needles in my left arm either during the night or when I wake up - it feels to heavy and I move my fingers around to relieve the pressure. I have been under stress lately and my grandfather, uncle and father all suffer from heart conditions so I am naturally worried that this runs in the family. Would appreciate knowing whether it is worth visiting my Dr - they are very busy and I don t want to waste their time with a daft thing like pins and needles. Thank you
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013